Thursday 31 January 2013

Thank you to my sister.

I am off to see my sister this weekend for another crafty weekend (probably the last before she returns to work from maternity leave).  I have a few exciting projects lined up for making, so hopefully I will be able to crack on.
I thought I would make my sister a little something to put in her sewing area to hopefully make her smile, and to give her a little inspiration when she’s lacking…  She’s inspired me from the start, so I think I owe her one.  This I felt was a good way to start re-paying her!
Something we are familiar with (coming from Wales) is rain.  There’s always going to be rain…so lets embrace it and make it a happy thing.
Lets turn the thought of a dark, imposing rain cloud to something of a light, fluffy, happy cloud full of promise and inspiration…
P1020135
She likes bright colours and I thought these colourful P1020138raindrops would do the job. Hung on silver thread to hint at the thought of our cloud having a silver lining.
Embroidered writing on the back “Every cloud…” (it’s not centralised enough for my perfectionism so you only get a small picture of this side!)P1020134






This is my happy cloud raining inspiration.
 



P1020136
- Hopefully this will give my sister something to smile at when she gets bogged down in the sewing room. 
- Hopefully it will help to give her some project inspiration.
- Hopefully she will think of me and feel happy that she’s inspired me…

Thank you Rachel!
Love from me and your nephew! x

No comments:

Post a Comment